Hey folks, friends, fans, and family!
I just got my scans back from Richard Photo Lab, and I’m excited to share the results from my little experiment!
For starters, the plan was to shoot this wedding all digital – so I didn’t tell Abby I was shooting film since I was doing a bit of a mcguyver-ish test. I would have been heartbroken to tell her and then not end up with any results. Surprise!
Here’s where I get somewhat technical and start talking about camera stuff, so read on if you’re just here for the pics 😉
The test I did was to see how it looked to have a newer Nikon G lens on an old Nikon film camera (for those of you who aren’t familiar – that just means there is not way to change the aperture on the G lens, which is necessary for film cameras!) I shot a roll of my kiddo before this – but sadly none of them turned out because I didn’t realize that the aperture was going to be basically closed. So after I learned that lesson I figured if I took a long string and wrapped it around the little metal piece that opens the aperture and held it tight as I placed it on the camera it would work. and it did! I was stuck at 1.4 (shallow depth of field) but I shoot wide open most of the time anyway so it works for me and my style.
Anyhow, I’m happy to share these images with you.
Nikon G 1.4 lens on a Nikon 6006 on Fuji400h film. I used the in camera meter and honestly I think they came out a smidgen underexposed due to my worry of shooting at 1.4 but they’re definitely worth sharing!